What a week! I’m sure some of you are experienced bloggers and will find my excitement a bit quaint, but it’s so important to celebrate each small milestone along the Journey, and the Online Passive Income Journey blog has hit a bunch all of a sudden in week three:
- First search traffic from Google
- First days with double-digit views
- First Tweet of a post (What is Passive Income?)
- First email subscribers (great to have you on the Journey, Gilad and Kara Jo)
- And best of all, first comments:
- Cinda wrote: “This website was… how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I’ve found something which helped me. Cheers!” on What is Passive Income?
- Sara B wrote: “I didn’t realize there were so many different ways to monetize a website. The internet really is an amazing place.” on Deciding on Your First Online Business Model
The Google search results are important, but really, that’s about a robot deciding to send people to pages on my site. What is amazing is that people are finding real value in what I’ve shared. That is what this blog is all about.
In the first days of writing a blog, you are literally talking to an empty room. There’s nobody reading what you’re writing!
The good news is that your posts stay there, and eventually people come by to see what you’ve done. If they like what they see, they’ll stick around, share, comment, and link to you. This will increase the number of visitors to your site more, and so we get a virtuous cycle of increasing visitors and community.
When people value what you’ve provided for free, they’re more likely to reward you by buying your product or clicking on one of your affiliate links. First build trust and relationship. Then income will follow.
But that’s not why I’m so excited by these early baby steps. I’m excited because people are finding value in what I’m doing. That is its own reward.